4.27.2018

Haiku my Heart - White Flower



no lingering scent
 jasmine tree spreads only green
white flowers absent



internet photo

Why?, I wonder.
Is it because of the warm winter,
or the last hurricane that tortured the tree, the lack of rain, or the global warming that important people who can make changes deny?

Why does this normally beautiful Lakeview Jasmine, with its full foliage, deny me the beauty of its white gown, its heady perfume?

And...its two offspring, over there and over there, also without Spring blooms.
The blooms that always dropped quickly and covered the ground like a beautiful new fallen snow. 

Its a sad thing.


Linked with the Love and Light of other haiku friends through

Please join in. 





7 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and contemplative haiku ~


    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo. I know what is to be sad when my favorite bush fails to bloom. It is sad!! Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply can't imagine the absence of jasmine blossoms. No fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our local jasmine hedges are still wearing green, too. But yesterday, I spied a wee bud... There is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your blooms return soon

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday WRites 152 is live. I invite you to link in

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they will return soon! Beautiful photo! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.