4.23.2021

Haku my Heart - Tea

 

the Japanese wife
pours a hot afternoon tea
her canary sings




So, who drinks afternoon tea? Not me. But someone in my family does drink it every night. And they save me the tea bags, which I dry out, empty, and use to make teeny, tiny, whimsical tea bag art. The backs have a written description of the art, and occasionally there is a special little surprise tucked inside the tea bag, which can be easily pulled out with the string. My goal is a box full (an old cardboard jewelry box) and when I have the box filled, I have no clue what I'll do with it. Probably give it away. I seriously doubt I will continue with more. It's a first for me and I'm already kind of/sort of over it. Still, it's fun making this art. Delicate paper, careful not to tear it! My box is probably about half full because they easily smash down when the lid goes on.

                                             πŸ˜€ 


Wishing you a happy weekend
and please visit the linked
haiku site
recuerda mi corazon


πŸ’š



12 comments:

  1. I raise my hand! I drink hot, afternoon tea! I love your haiku and canary drawing! And then? Your whimsical teabag art is just amazing! When your box is full... I am sure these little treasures will whisper to you as to where they want to go. Thank you for sharing them with us Judie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I've never seen tea bags so colorful & pretty. I think I'd like a collection like this!!!
    (Not a tea drinker unless it's decaffeinated)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Of course I always enjoy your haiku...that goes without saying.

      Delete
  3. LOVE your creations.
    I do drink tea, and to my shame use tea bags rather than leaf tea more often that not...
    And, as always, love your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea and birdsong a cherry combination. Happy Friday Judie

    MuchπŸ’›πŸŒπŸ’›love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your haiku evokes a story, I love it and I do love your teabag-art! I have lots of art-friends and some work with/on teabags too but I never tried it myself, it's too small and delicate for me I think... I love how your bags and art looks!! Enjoy your weekend, hug from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful tea and art creations ~ box full of creative tea bags sounds awesome ~ XX ~ Happy Weekend to you !

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps the canary will also get a sip of tea?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea you made art on teabags. How wonderful! The daisy in particular looks exquisite. And I love that you get your bags from others. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, your creations are breath taking! Truly love them all! You are such a talent! And, to get the tea bags from others!! I agree with Magaly, so cool! Love your poem!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy quite a few cups of tea during my day!
    Loved your tea bag art :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. one moment i hear a canary and almost smell the fragrant tea. the next moment i am introduced to your "story quilt" of daily teabag creations. you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.