11.20.2013

Folk Art

Everyone has seen folk art.
I always thought gosh, that would be so easy to do.
Just dab a little paint here and there
Make it resemble something
Easy peasy, right?
 
Wrong!
 
It is hard, tedious, time consuming and lip biting work.
 
It takes for EVER
 
I tried it today...
and yesterday....
and I finally finished.
 
It's a typical rolling hills scene,
You've seen them everywhere
 but I didn't realize
I would have to paint and repaint,
make each little tree, for instance, threefold PLUS its cast shadow.
The light side and the dark side enhanced around the middle ground.
For EVER I say!
But....the experience was worth it.
 
It will be awhile before I paint another whimsical folk art scene.
I commend those artists who paint and paint and paint folk art.
They have sooooo much patience.
Patience was never my virtue.
 
 
Village In The Hills
11x14 acrylic on canvas board
 


6 comments:

  1. well, you did it! I think that you learned a lesson by "walking in the shoes" of a folk artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judie this is awesome - you may have needed patience and time but you are NOT short on amazing talent!!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judie this is awesome - you may have needed patience and time but you are NOT short on amazing talent!!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's not typical...it's astounding!
    And yes, painting is so many layers,
    so much time,
    so much faith.
    And you did it! And it is Beauty-full.
    And you
    will do it again.
    Because you have that special thing...
    talent.
    It will call you back.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judie. This is a beautiful piece. You did awesome and did very well with what you've learned. Great job. I haven't been online because my electricity was out for hours and it just went on. However I actually didn't miss the internet. Holidays are coming up and husband is going on vacation starting Saturday so I probably won't be on much. Too much to do. I may post for PPF this Friday, not sure but if I don't see you, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.:) Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.