4.11.2014

Haiku - Nature's Green

 
 
 
A little green frog
Watched me as I trimmed his home
No fear frog, you're safe
 
 
Yesterday I was trimming an areca palm in my front yard.
I have raised this palm for over 14 years, from a baby, so
I am particular about it.
Someone else is particular too.
A little bright lime green American Green Tree Frog lives there.
I hear him chirping at night.
I was careful not to disturb his home too much.
 
Since he disappeared before I was able to think about photographing him,
I found some of his cousins
These are all internet photos.
Thanks to whomever took the photos.
Such adorable little cute greens.
 
 
Ah!  Iron Cross pose
purple and green?
Oops.  Hang in there.
 
good hiding place
I love you
heart source: Image Vision
 
So...it seems Spring really has arrived.
Below is a photo taken by my husband yesterday.
It's a mommy duck sitting on 10 eggs.
TEN!!!

 
All that white stuff around her is down she has made her nest with.
It's in the foliage at a bank building, next to a window wall where she can be observed.
Maybe I'll get to see her babies.
One little, two little, three little duckies......well, you know.

Please visit Rebecca
for more awesome Haiku
 


8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the dear little frog haiku and photos are fantastic ~ Happy Spring to you, xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judie! How auspicious that you have this wonderful life all around you! That little frog (via his internet cousins) is adorable and that he serenades you at night has me quite envious! I hope you get to see those eggs all hatched and capture a picture! Wouldn't that be marvelous? Thank you for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little frog. Purple and green one of my favorite combo's. Duck babies? Wow Judie love your urban wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty colour, that little frog, have a nice weekend

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little frogs. We had one last year or so and we don't see it any more. It lived in the cactus garden. Nice post Judie, love your Haiku. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are fantastic! I hope you will hop over and share them with I Heart Macro this week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to have a frog in the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.