8.25.2014

Funky Art

In order to disassociate myself, at least temporarily, from all the disasters and horrors going on in the world, I played around with some faces to see how one face could change just with color and with texture. 
 
I drew and painted this face as a template and used only black and white.
 
 
It's the same one I posted a few days ago for "The Color of Blue"
Here, basically colorless, she looks kind of mean.
 
Then, I copied the same face on cardstock and painted different colors and textures to see how different each one would look.  It's interesting to see the change.  Even the surrounding color had an effect on each face.
 
 
Mischievous??
 
Serious??  or maybe just sunburned :)
 
self-absorbed??
 
 
eyes of self-absorbed enhanced by computer
 
Anyhow, it was interesting and I'll add them to my traveling journal's left-over blank pages.
 
 
 
Really, I'd rather be painting birds.  Next time.  :)

internet image

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judie. Yes they do all look different with the different colors you have added. Great face though. She is interesting with her many moods. What is see from number one down is:
    How could he have done that!
    Ha, ha, ha, your shoes are untied.
    I don't feel so good right now.
    Excuse me, coming through.
    Did you hear what I just said!

    tee hee, that's what I see. Have a great day Judie and by the way Martha (Ayala) is hosting another 29 Faces on September 1. I've already added the new button to my blog. Perhaps you can do some of these faces? If so, see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you played with this face, and how it keeps changing with just the addition of different colors. Well done!

    PS - your bird paintings are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing these the other day and commenting because I really love them. Funny my comment didn't stick here either. Just so you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I love these...all the different expressions I see brewing anger in number one, two deeply pensive, full of ire three, and vengeful four!! Wonderful job!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.