5.31.2019

Haiku my Friday Heart - Memories

an old lady napped
in a chair by the window
while it rained outside

if this were not a haiku, I would be adding that the old lady had white hair with a bluish tint, and that her wire rimmed glasses had fallen to  her chest, and her chair was a rocking chair with a soft checkered pillow behind her, and the rain was a summer shower hitting the window gently and running in rivulets down to the outside sill where it lay in small puddles reflecting the grey skies.

Instead, the shortened version of my imaginary thoughts, the haiku, reminds me of my grandmother, who had a chair by the window and sat there often, but never napped. She also had a wonderful old sofa with champagne colored fabric sporting a metallic threaded design that I loved. It had one long cushion filled with down feathers (she told me once it was goose) and every time I sat there I had to fluff it up again when I got up, because it did not fluff itself. If I left it unfluffed, she would call me from my play to fix the problem. Eventually, I learned to respect other peoples property (treasures) and to always leave something as I found it. I love this memory. I bet you have a favorite too.

linked with special thoughts to
Rebecca's Place
Hoping  you will join us



Image result for grandmother pictures clip art
Grandmothers are special








7 comments:

  1. Taking a memory and transforming it into a haiku is a precious art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that: fall asleep while the world goes by. Gettin' up there in years, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing where the haiku comes from, what birthed it... is pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful haiku and extension story. HAPPY SUNDAY JUDIE

    muchđź•Šlove

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely haiku tribute to your grandmother ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful story and a lovely haiku.
    Yes, Grandmother's are so special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for transporting me in your tender haiku and memory of your beloved grandmother. i am deeply comforted by love and reverie.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.