5.24.2019

Haiku my Heart Friday - Farming


while plowing his field
the farmer saw a brown bird
running through his crop


engraving by Roberto Sanchez
Getty Image

Whatever would we do without
our farmers? We need them 
as much as they need us. Some
worldly politicians need to 
remember this. 
linked with
     Corazon    

of Rebecca and friends
please visit and join in




killdeer, (internet photo)
often found in open ground, such as pastures,
plowed fields, etc. 






HAPPY LONG WEEKEND HOLIDAY
BE SAFE










7 comments:

  1. I am so grateful for our farmers... every meal I bless them and the food they make for me. I love our Farmer's Market where I get to really meet them. I never take this privilege for granted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmers are fantastic.

    Enjoy your long weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to help my neighbour/old farmer when I was a young child... we plowed with a horse the same way the pictures shows. Seems 'ancient' but in the sixties, 'little' farmers still had a horse and worked this way here in the Netherlands. Thank you for your haiku that evoked the memory, have a great weekend! Hug from holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and haiku ~ need those farmers and little birds to plant extra seeds ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your haiku puts me right there with the farmer, watching the fleeting bird...

    Don't get me started about politicians who seem to only listen to money. I might start screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes indeed our farmers, we cannot forget them
    Happy Sunday Judie

    Muchđź’™love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every bird deserves a worm stirred up by a plow, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.