4.10.2020

Haiku my Heart - Today it Rained



just a little rain
seemed to cleanse the earth today
but it was false hope

    
my rainy backyard

It's very depressing, what is happening to our planet. This morning it rained briefly, and that seemed like a cleansing wash, yet I know it did nothing to improve the sad situation, or relieve the tension that most everyone feels. And so I wait, like all others, for the world to find some bit of normalcy again. A new normal, because I believe no longer will we take this place we live for granted. We now will forever be looking over our shoulder, wondering, waiting......  

Linking HERE with
Rebecca and other
writers of haiku and special thoughts.


Below is an excerpt from a poem by Boris Pasternak from The Poems of Doctor Zhivago, another sad story that equals the sadness one might feel in their heart today, but in a far different way. The poem is about rain.

from Summer in the City....

....From afar the thunder
Comes suddenly near,
And the window curtains
Flap trembling with fear.

Deep silence. The air is
Still muggy with heat;
Then flashes of lightening,
And scurrying feet........


We may be scurrying forever.....
But then again, perhaps this is a hard learned lesson and we will take better care of our planet because we have seen how really fragile we all are.



Embrace all the Blessings that come  your way. 



















17 comments:

  1. Dear Judy, I take in your haiku and the sound of that rain... oh that amazing rain. I feel it fill my body, wash over every cell of my being... like a prayer, like a whisper of hope that comes from the earth and sky, holding me. Thank you for this. And for being in my world. I am so grateful for you and all that you have to offer. Thank you my haiku friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we DO learn to take better care of our planet. Much better.
    We had blissful and much needed rain here yesterday. Nature continues to work her magic - and is probably doing better with more of us staying away.
    Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all know that after Corona, nothing will be same and normal. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogpost, your words - it's so true - I'm with you hoping the people will learn from this crisis (at least some...) Stay safe dear one. Big hug from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post ~ covering all sides of what we are coping with this Spring ~ Thanks for 'visiting'.

    Lovely and creative haiku ~

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't give up hope. Our new awareness will be beneficial. Love and Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever normal was before, it clearly wasn't serving us. I too share your hope that something better can be created out of the ashes. Because if our focus is to go back to the way things were, we really are doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, these seems to be going around. I took my plants out a week ago and was so happy because the sun seemed to be reading my mind--it was gentle at first, then its intensity increased gradually--my plants (and I) were loving it. Then we got a few minutes of freakish snow which I wasn't fast enough to protect my green babies from. A few days after that, the wind came at night and bent or ripped and burned nearly everything. My we garden is looking rough, and so are the trees around here. We are killing our home, and most of us don't seem to care. It's almost impossible not to want to scream at the state of things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its hot here, no sign of Spring rain. I got to see a Poui tree in bloom from my front steps, that lifted my pandemic spirits

    Happy Easter

    Much😊🌼😊love

    ReplyDelete
  10. An incredibly beautiful, moving, and timely post.
    We certainly will all be looking over our shoulder for many years to come, of that I'm absolutely certain.
    Oh I do hope that we can all learn from this dreadful tragedy...to find compassion and tolerance for others when this is finally over...and to count our blessings too!😊😊
    Thank you so much for this wonderful and heartfelt post.

    Have a great day...and stay safe.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, JC! Both poems are very moving, as is your message that accompanied them. The pandemic situation we are in now is strange, weird, and I fear that we won't be out of it until we have a vaccine for Covid-19. I'm focusing on finding joy and hope wherever I can and trying not to let anxiety overwhelm me. I want to survive this and then worry about what life will be like. We have to learn from this experience and make things better. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, how are you? I am looking for new followers for my blog. I can follow you too. https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

    If you follow me, send the link to my blog and I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your haiku is brilliantly written!

    As much as I love the sound of the rain, that rain doesn't always wash the bad away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cleansing comes in many ways. If the rain doesn't do it, something else surely will.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your video! Very wise words! This world is going through a drastic change, and it's up to us, how we come out of it. I send out love everyday to everyone! We are truly in this together!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.