6.05.2020

Haiku my Heart - A Sign of the Times


a windswept spirit
knows not the right road to take
but chooses blindly

acrylic


An acquaintance of mine (possibly a windswept spirit) recently made the statement -- "when you say 'All Lives Matter' you are totally missing the point." 

To me, anything that lives and breathes matters; if it be human black, white, Hispanic, Asian or other, or fur or feather bearing, or fish in the sea, or insects in the grass. It's a life and, in some way, it matters.

As for "missing the point" - I think not, for I am not a lamb, and I simply choose to make my own path.



Linked with
Please visit and join the love


Blessings for you
and pray for America

source pinterest.com
















12 comments:

  1. I love your acrylic Judie. Respect. Listening, really listening to each other with respect. Your haiku elicits in me, the words of Pabbe from Frozen 2. "When one cannot see the future, all one can do is the next right thing." And for me, sometimes that doesn't even seem to be enough. But still I step. I am so glad to be here with you today. Thank you Judie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lives do indeed matter.
    And should be accorded respect and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said and good hear someone think for themselves ~ lovely haiku ~ ^_^ Wonderful acrylic ~ Respect, indeed.

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this haiku, let's spread small words of love, light and hope...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a certain art to finding the right way, an art which many people never seem to perfect. (Sometimes I'm one of those people!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful haiku, oh that we should wildly sow good deed of love

    Happy Sunday

    muvh❧✿❧love

    ReplyDelete
  7. In these days of contagious madness and loss, of frustration and rage... respect is certainly a start. It's just too easy to miss the point while trying to explain to others why they are missing the point. Sometimes we are so convinced of the openness of our own eyes that we fail to acknowledge what others are seeing. We could so use a bit of respect and objectivity, and a whole lot of realism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest point these days seems to be the pointless death of George Floyd.

      Delete
    2. Indeed, George Floyd and what his death says about our society.

      Delete
  8. I like your acrylic …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for being here and for your love-which i know includes everyone and all of nature. right now there is so much healing needed for those who have been wrongly oppressed. lord-make me an instrument of your peace. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.