3.12.2021

Haiku my Heart - Secrets

 

gentle waves whisper
passing through ocean's blue depth
carrying secrets



Some time ago, while walking back from the beach, I came across a skimboard leaning against the beach trash barrel. It was obviously weather/ocean beaten and coming apart on the back side. I loved it anyway, but passed it up. Couldn't stop thinking about it. Went back later and it was still there. So I brought it home. 

It was no good for skimming but I knew I could paint a message on the best side. So I gessoed, and painted, and an ocean goddess appeared, complete with colorful seaweed hanging from her divine feminine body and creative imaginary sea creatures adorned her lovely self. 

Her haiku held a message that only the sea could decipher.
I loved  her. She sat around for awhile. I should have taken her back to the beach and left her for someone else who would love her. 
But instead....

I grew tired of her...and other art I  had...and took her to the curb. I do this every once in awhile. Something pushes me to "clean out" and start over. 

I am always sad later. I am sad now, that I so carelessly threw this lovely sea goddess to the wolves. Sometimes I miss her. I can always paint another, but the skimboard...it was part of her journey from the sea. Gone forever now. 


linked this haiku friday with
Rebecca
Hoping you will visit and find a happy place within



pastel - underwater secrets


Go with love.
Dont give away  your heart if
you might miss it later







12 comments:

  1. I love this. All of it. And your story... wow. For me... she is still riding the waves and having new adventures. I have a feeling that you and her are very connected and always will be... thank you Judy for introducing us all to this wise muse of the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your goddess found her way to another appreciative soul - and is whispering to them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ocean haiku and yes sometimes we miss dreadfully what we let go ~ but now you hold her even closer for the loss ~

    Living moment to moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too often regret my "recycling" or trashing of items. This was a good one.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am going to dream about your ocean siren! i am sure she was rescued from the curb and taken home to live in a ocean shrine. i am going to keep dreaming and say a young child visited her grandfather and fell in love with her "cracked wide open world" where suddenly a she saw herself and a future with the sea as she stood in front of his shrine.
    i am going to say your love and beauty doesn't even end here.... continues to touch hearts for generations. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very creative, bravo
    Have a nice weekend

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will be forever on your mind, and you still have the photo... but I agree with MMT and we all have regrets like that (I miss the coat I made when I was a youngster - I should have kept it...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omygoodness...I would not want to take it to the curb. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly hope someone picked her up, before she went into the garbage!!! She is so beautiful and I love the words! I do understand about cleaning things out. When that happens to me, I try to give my art away. Big Hugs and Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She may be with someone else who appreciates her ...
    I hope so.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your story. I'm glad you have a photograph to remind you of the seaweed-y ocean goddess. Some things/beings we cherish forever. She is surely one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.