10.22.2021

Haiku my Heart - Halloween Horror...er...Fun

 skeletons dancing
rats running over my feet
terrifying night


Halloween is ok I guess. It was better when I was a kid. We dont usually have very many, if any, trick or treaters but I have noticed a few more kids in the neighborhood and last  year I saw someone drop off a carload of kids at my corner. 
What?? I really don't like trick or treating stuff. I was thinking this  year I would answer the door with..."sorry kids, I dont have any candy, but would  you like a spider or two?" 


heh heh

Perhaps it would be better if Christmas would hurry and then you can call me scrooge. Thats ok. I've probably been called worse. (cough, choke)

Anyway, I sometimes make spirit dolls, so in the ...ahem...spirit of the halloween season, I have a couple to put here on the page to scare  you away. (no, please, not really, dont leave)

spirit doll  Shapeshifter

spirit doll Scream

 
spirit doll Spirit of the Crow

Anyway, don't be scared. They're just made of sticks and beads and scraps of stuff. Although I did send one to a "friend" once, and she (they) were terrified and burned it. No kidding. So, how was I to know they believed in voodoo.
 
Linking this haiku Friday with
Please visit this haiku gathering place.


ibek a yaloo feather and hair of goat
a hoo im gzsrop
Well you know. It IS almost Halloween.
and
the portal is open so please dont trip on the way out

***

 



15 comments:

  1. Smiling. I love your dolls too.
    Despite the best efforts of the stores to get us to play, Halloween is pretty much a non event here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy oh boy!!! Do I ever LIVE your dolls. They are incredible. Really. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so thrilled to see your doll craft, I forgot to say I enjoyed your haiku!!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I love your dolls!!! We don't celebrate Halloween in the Netherlands although it came 'blowing towards us' from the USA so there now ARE parties and stuff like pumpkins in stores... but no 'trick or treat' here so I can enjoy a quiet evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative dolls ~ you don't seem to like Halloween ??? LOL ~ Xo

    Living in the moment

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a skeleton... on my neighborhood walk... with rats... running over their feet... now I will think of you when I go by... Love your haiku! And your spirit dolls. Spirit of the Crow, my favorite! Thanks Judie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Halloween better when I was a kid, but we didn't do trick-or-treat. Halloween, or The Day of Souls season, was a time to visit and clean the graves of loved ones, to cook what they used to like best, to dance while celebrating their lives, and we (the children) would get candies and sweet breads but there was no trick-or-treating for it. I miss those days... And I love your spirit dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think spirit dolls are pretty cool! My kids are older so Halloween has become less about the candy and more about thinking of loved ones who have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those spirit dolls and that crow!! very talented. Your haiku is cute and I only like Halloween now that my kids are grown and I can really enjoy going to little towns and watching all the activity as the kids go through collecting their treats. We have a few I like - Mt. Baldy is great..and Big Bear. Even our little town has fun things to see but a little boring to me. We live up a road not lit at all by street lights and we get nobody coming to our house so we are free to get out and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was no such thing as Hallowe'en in England when I was a child; it just wasn't mentioned. But of course we had Guy Fawkes night to look forward to on Nov 5 with a big bonfire and fireworks. Hallowe'en seems to have gradually crept in over the last few decades, mainly inspired by supermarkets selling witches' hats and scary masks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had to live through this night, well, I probably couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your spirit crow is fabulous!!! your love of birds always alive and endearing! sending you a warm hug with much gratitude for your place in my heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. They burned it????? They are amazing!! I love them all!!! Wow girl! They are so cool! I will have a spider please! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.