10.29.2021

Haiku my Heart - Greeting Loved Ones Again Soon

time to greet the past
big celebrations are planned
 
catrina awaits

spirit doll Catrina

detail Catrina



linked this blessed time with
Rebecca/Haiku My Heart
Please visit and feel the love and the celebrations of 
the upcoming 
la noche de animas {the night of the souls} 
and
dia de los muertes (day of the dead)


The Original Catrina
by Mexican Illustrator
Jose Guadelupe Posada 1853 - 1913
 
a version of sugar skull painting
by Ninnie (r.i.p. my friend), gifted to me
November 2011




Go With Grace









12 comments:

  1. Love the art! Greeting the past is sometimes a happy occasion, and sometimes not. We all need courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catrina is a stunner. I sometimes hide from the past - though it finds me. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veil lifts so gently between the worlds with beautiful Catrina and haiku ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Did you make the Catrina?!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make them & sell them...I'd buy one (or two)

      Delete
  5. I just love her, Judie! As well as the invitation of your haiku! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzah... what a great doll, did you make that? It's stunning! Enjoy this special weekend lovely one! Hug from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting cultural art.
    Have a nice weekend. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you celebrate, my friend. Catrina is a stunner. I shall be celebrating the past, too.

    Happiest Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your spirit doll, and i enjoy all of your art, with i had your kind of talent... enjoy your day of the dead =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly love the art!! Wow!! Love the way you celebrate!!! I hope you had an amazing Halloween! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.