5.08.2022

Haiku my Heart -Once Upon A Time...

a thing of beauty
the swan swimming on a lake
mother nature's gift


I saw, in my internet travels, a large carved wooden swan. Since then, I have craved one of these beauties to gaze upon daily. So I made one out of papier mache (my first papier  mache) . In my mind, Miss Muse was telling me she must be a golden swan. Curious, I researched such a glorious thing. And I found there are stories for children, in many languages, of a golden swan. This swan lived on a pond near a poor mother with two children. She felt sorry for them, so gave them some of  her golden feathers to sell. The mother turned greedy and captured the swan, pulling all of its feathers at once. Her karma was the swan grew chicken feathers, which were then worthless to this greedy mother. And the moral of this children's story was "Never Be Greedy"

I think that's a good story to teach children, and it makes me love my golden swan even more. I think she has a soul.


Linked with
at Rebecca's place 
💗



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOTHER NATURE
🌹





8 comments:

  1. I love your soul filled golden swan - and thank you for telling us that story.
    And for your wishes for Mother Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! What a gift to us all, this Golden Swan! Your haiku, the story, and the image of her and your listening to your muse... I'm thinking of a next chapter to the story... I think I will take some time today, to write it down. Thank you Judie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your swan is beautiful ~ and lovely haiku ~ You are a gem and so creative ~ Xo ~ Hope you having a wonderful Mothers' Day ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the swan (such a lovely eye) and the tale. I love what the story says about good souls helping those in need. We need that... a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Not only a wonderful haiku, but A GREAT work if art!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your golden swan and that story. Swans mean a lot of me - they are my family name - Beautiful!! I might think to sketch a swan but Paper mache - how cool. I have never worked with that type of art, and it's really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful swan! And a good tail/tale to go with her. She definitely has soul💛🦢 💕Tinker (can’t figure out log in lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goldie is gorgeous! The story was new to me, so thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.