5.05.2023

Haiku my Heart - Fear the Raven

 who called this raven?
why has he come to my door?
surely he's a thief


Raven. 11x6 pastel on toned sanded paper


I do love ravens. And crows. Even though they really
can be thieves and noisy critters. But that's ok with me.
A fish crow (I know this because my Merlin app told me so)  visits my back yard frequently. He has learned to caw caw me and I come running like a fool, peanut in  hand. He sits and waits until I place it on the fence post, then before I can take two steps away, he is there on silent wings, claiming his prize. Sometimes he flys away with it, sometimes he eats it right there while I watch. Perhaps one day he will take it from my hand. I do offer it, but he just sits there silently with glaring, shining black eyes, waiting until I put it down. 

We have a sweet, calm relationship. I hope he never brings his friends, like gulls do. The peanuts will no longer be available!


linked with
recuerda mi corazon
Please visit the lovely Rebecca at this link.
She could use a prayer 🙏


BLESSINGS FOR YOUR WEEKEND
AND BEYOND



8 comments:

  1. Maybe a gift.of fish for dinner !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big, big fan or the corvid family. Beautiful, intelligent, family minded birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lRavens and crows do bring trinkets at times ~ full moon last night and my dog kept barking interrupting my sleep ~ critters ~ gotta love them ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many birds in our backyard it's hard to keep track of what they take and what they leave. Just so relaxing to watch them. Thank you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly how I feel about blue jays. They are loud, they have no respect for other people's plants, and they love to fight. But I love sharing my garden with them (even when I complain about their thievery). 😁

    Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes i now the delight of backyard visits from the birds,
    Lovely haiku Judie

    much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is so beautiful!! I love ravens. I have two that visit all the time but as soon as I move a curtain to look out they fly away. This is after ten years. I don't know why they don't trust me but maybe someone who lived here before treated them bad. Lucky you to have a friend like your crow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.