5.19.2023

Haiku my Heart - Time to Go

oh my corvid friend
you have to fly away now
too many fledglings



Alas, our friendship cannot develop further. The mocking birds dive bomb you to protect their baby. First it was one, now it is two against  you, and I hear a baby in the bushes. And I hear the baby woodpeckers chirping fast and loud in their nest, so I know they will be fledging very soon.  They are a little late this year, but they are happening!  Kudos to momma and poppa woodpecker for hanging in there during this drought. So corvid, it was really nice  having you. I really loved your company, even though I know you were just a user gettiing that free food you didnt have to hunt for. Perhaps in a few weeks, when the fledglings are grown, you will return, and we can renew our friendship.
You are certainly very shiny, like a patent leather shoe. I'll miss you, and I'll feel guilty if I hear  you calling. 




Happy Peaceful Weekend

5 comments:

  1. I so hope your friend returns. Beautiful, intelligent, family minded birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haiku about your 'feathered friends' ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great you have a corvid friend. Thanks for visiting my blog, and nice haiku too. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh love the birds, your video and i, also, love ravens, crows, all birds. They had a rough winter here but the Stellars Jays and Ravens made it through okay. Now with spring our variety of birds are back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your caring heart. i am grateful to find myself in your loving company! i know when i am here there will always be the presence of our feathered friends! such a hopeful love we share! the sound of wings, the songs of wind, the joy birds bring to lift hearts and renew hope! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.