6.16.2023

Haiku My Heart - Not One Nor The Other

 two sweet soft kitties
neither softness can we feel
drawings on paper

***

So...most of my blog visitors know I am a bird freak. The least of my thoughts go to cats, for obvious reasons. But...that isnt to say I dont like cats. I like soft, purring, gentle kitties that have been spoiled and pampered. Who doesnt? 

In the past weeks, a friend of mine has lost two of her precious kitties, both 17 years old. That's a long time to have a pet. I know how she is hurting, because I had my dog 17  years and my macaw 25 years when I lost them. So I get it! She probably will not see this post because I dont think she blogs any more (IG rules these days!) but nevertheless, I wanted to show some love for kitty cats here. I know there are others who love their cats. Pet them. Scratch them. Give them a treat. They are yours because you love them, and they love you back.

***


kitty with daisies - pastel


a cat named Rosie - pastel




Blessings for your week ahead




 




7 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku and beautiful kitties ~ sad for your friends who lost her kitties ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The animals we love (furred, feathered, scaly) wind their paws deep into our heart strings and take a piece of us with them when they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice haiku, and those images are nice too!

    Have a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to lose pets. We've lost dogs, and it is really painful. I hope your friend heals. And thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judie
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Much💚love

    P.S.
    On Fridays
    link to 'Art For Fun Friday'
    AND on Sundays
    'Sunday Smiles'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she sees this post. Losing a furry companion is always hard, it helps when others acknowledge the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty pastel pictures! There was a long period between the loss of my last dog Flash and getting the dog I have now. It is heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.