6.24.2023

Haiku my Heart - A Crow Story

 




after a cool rain
dawn breaks through a darkened sky
a new day begins

***
As the very first sliver of light streaks across the sky at dawn, the crow echos his waking song. He stretches his sleepy legs and wings, then lifts quickly off his night branch, feeling the cool breeze against his chest, gaining height as he searches his surroundings.  From the distance, his ears pick up the first cacophony of his flock, all together greeting the dawn loudly, and he turns in their direction.  He didnt sleep far from them, and he reaches the murder quickly.  The sky is spotted with dark movement, wings glinting irridescent blue-black in the rising sun. The hunt has begun. 

***

When I took this photo recently, and was getting my camera ready, I saw large, light colored wings streaking across this dawn rooftop sky. I was sad that I wasnt camera ready to video the bird flying across the breaking light. Probably it was a night heron returning home. But...it made me think of the crows, usually the first to assault the sky after light appears.  Thus, the quick crow story. 

acrylic



Catcha later..........................





6 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku and awesome sky shot ~ so glad to read another haiku from you ~ I miss HMH ~ hope we are back together soon. Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story..I visually saw it ...and beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crow is so lovely. Hope you're having a good weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photograph ...
    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this very much! And thank you for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JC -- I'm glad you popped by my blog today! From browsing your blog, I can see you love haiku and other poetry and are a marvellous artist! And parrots -- how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.