7.31.2020

Haiku my Heart - Imagination


watch the children fly
imitating birds at wing
tiny arms flapping
***


Did you pretend, as a child, to be a bird?
Could you fly so high, through the clouds,
feel their softness against  your cheek and
even touch the suns rays?
I did, and it was such a joy, running through
the fresh mown grass, leaping and ...well..
flying.

Sometimes I rode a grand black stallion,
grabbing a very long stemmed weedy thing,
never knew its name.
But I could hold it and ride it like the
beautiful horse I knew it was. 
Riding over mountains and through a lush valley

All in my yard. A country girl with space.
But then....I grew up.


source google/flyingdreams


linked with love to
please visit and find
more haiku and sweet visions

***

Gentle thoughts to consider:

Be content with what  you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

True mastery can be gained
by letting things go their own way.
It can't be gained by interfering.
                                  ......Lao-tzu



Go with Blessings




16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love this haiku, I did pretend to fly like a bird.
    Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never grew up, and still hope to find my wings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew without a shadow of doubt when I was a child that... I was a mermaid... and like the Elephant's Child... I hope my inner kid never stops flying, or riding black stallions, or flicking my tail at the waves of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember "flying" like that as a child and watching my children do the same! It is sooo freeing! Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have dreams-where i am flying above the beautiful earth. real sleeping dreams where my human body defies gravity and is as graceful as a poem. thank you for reminding me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could fly like a bird, take wing. And I'm no child.

    Love your haiku today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I pretended to fly when I was a child. I would sit up high in the trees in our garden and I could see out over the neighborhood. It was a very freeing feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to do that as a child--flap my wings. Hahaha! (I'm guessing most everyone has had this experience.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I did all that too... a countrygirl near the seaside and I was a seagull and now that I grew older, I still 'fly on my art journal pages'... thanks for these wonderful words Judie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely haiku and blessing Judy. Ah yes those day, arms could be bird or aeroplane wings

    much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suppose I've been grown up for quite a while now, but I still dream of flying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always pretended to be an owl. I just thought they look so cool perching, looking at the world with studious eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The imagination of a child is amazing, part of growing up.
    Yes, I always imagined what it must be like to be a bird and soar high up.

    A lovely haiku.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely. Spreading my arms. Twirling around. Head thrown back. Heck! I still do it. Of course, now I'm a bit self-conscious about it. But if I'm noticed, it makes for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a child I wanted to be Superman, so I pinned a bath towel around my shoulders, and ran as fast as I could to make the towel billow out behind me. I was flying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just remember, always cutting all my dolls hair! LOL! So true, when you realize, nothing is lacking, there is such content in your soul! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.