8.07.2020

Haiku my Heart - Taking a Walk

 misty rain on cheeks

birdsong wafting on soft breeze

nature gave me these


linked with

https://corazon.typepad.com/

hoping you will follow and share the love and light

 

THE EARTH GODDESS SPEAKS

 

 

come, she said

 

 let me take you on a journey

take my hand

i will show you amazing lost treasures

 

see this lazy river  -  water foaming around rocks

 worn smooth from eons of bubbles singing over them

and sounding through the water music

 birdsong  -  always birdsong

 

come along, she urged

 

let us walk this grassy path and feel the gentle breeze on damp skin

careful of that scat – walk around

soon it will become part of earth again

in its place may be a patch of lovely wildflowers – or not

 

do you see, she asked

 

 that wide bare space where the sky is strong

where forest trees once housed that  silent birdsong

but now lay flat for smoking dragons to haul  away

and the river too is changed –

 flows sadly over polluted mudbanks

 

do you wonder where the wild things have gone – do you care?

 now their homes are all flat

and the land is stripped and the rocks are crushed

and we have our boards and our oil and our gold and coal

one hundred years from now we’ll  remember them in our books

 

i am sorry, she said

 

that you have to return to your concrete jungle

but when you read of strip mining

and fracking

and palm cutting

please  -  close your eyes and remember this journey

 

perhaps you will plant a tree

 So dear readers

this is Bloggers new format

I didnt choose it

They just put it here - no choice.

No way to change double space to single.

ALL THE SAME reads kind of boring, doesn't it?

They even changed my copy and paste single-spaced poetry to double space. Makes no sense to me. 


Enjoy your weekend.








 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely words that refresh on on some of these hot and humid summer days! Wishing you a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like misty rain on our cheeks... and breathing in that moist air that swirls with the songs of trees... poignant and powerful earth goddess poem, I hear her... waking and in my dreams... thank you Judie for these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so happily walk with the Earth Goddess - and listen to her wisdom.
    Thank you (so much) for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haiku and could you please send the cool breeze my way (tropical days here in the Netherlands and I don't like it...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all God's blessings. Happy Saturday

    much 💝 love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words and photos are ever beautiful ~ no matter the format ~ ^_^

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful for nature's gentler gifts when I go walking...the feel of rain, catching the scent of a flower on the breeze. I think we should make time to go walking with her when we can.

    Gah...Blogger. I'm doing my best to get used to the format.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature is great giver, isn't she? I love it that her gifts are forever, even when we aren't in the woods.

    Don't get me started about Blogger new (and not improved) nonsense. What were they thinking!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. New blogger is causing problems ...
    Tip, if you don't want a double space, instead of "enter", you can click "shift" and "enter".

    I enjoyed reading your words.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birdsong and rain are great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank goodness for the gifts of nature. they seem like life lines in the dismal world of humans. i seek the pure steady wisdom of the seasons and spend as much time outdoors as i can. nature seems to be the only place peace still reigns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your words!!!
    I am trying to get use to blogger!!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.