2.26.2021

Haiku my Heart - The Bones of a Haiku

 sound of ticking clock
invading my silent thoughts
to write a haiku

I was thumbing through Issa and Basho today, trying to get inspiration for my Friday haiku, which just would not come together. Then of course there is Buson, who wrote about every day life and its surroundings. Not just leaves and rain and flies and grass, but an old man's ears and village markets, a flower tub  and a worker's injury. How simple and observant you were, Buson, how true to life. Thank you for helping me see the day around me, notice my closer surroundings, the things I  usually just take for granted and don't even see or hear.


parakeet in cage
makes tap tap tapping noises
I think he's insane

of course, I had to work a bird in


now hear the washer
a-whomp a-whomp a-whomping
my thoughts gather there

I'm usually looking outside at nature to fill my poetic dreams, yet there is a world surrounding me inside as well.  I think I'm just discovering it. 


Linking Friday haiku with
Rebecca
Always a pleasure to visit there





May a happy sun
shine on your day

mixed media sun art





16 comments:

  1. You word caused me to smile!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiku daunt me. I read them with pleasure (and awe).
    The little things are huge in my world which the very best haiku (yours included) capture for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thoughts seem to go here, there, and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that your haiku moments are stirred by your immediate surroundings

    Stay safe, Stay creative

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This. All of this. Is just fantastic, Judie! Thank you. Oh! And I may just join you... in the washer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you discovered a new world... I like the 'washer' haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful haiku about your 'surroundings' ~ thanks for the reminder ~

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Yes, to be sure, there are infinite subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant :)
    I especially like the washer Haiku.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a tiny gift for you on my Sunday Selections 522 post. I am so impressed with your haiku skills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spending time with a book, when I need inspiration--grimoires, botanical encyclopedias, books of curiosities, dictionaries... are my favorite.

    I love all the haiku, but the parakeet one is my favorite--I think you're right about parakeets' mental conditions, lol!

    Love the

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the observations of these every day noises (and the gentle humor in the observation of the parakeet was delightful). There is something that speaks to me about the magic of the small things in each of them. I think it's time to read some Buson.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your words, I love your thoughts! Keep shining! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you actually had me laughing out loud, a true gift to begin my day with! fabulous haiku from a loving kind heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who can not gaze at the moon?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.