2.19.2021

Haiku my Heart - Wondering

walking in the woods
I came upon a feather
under a brown leaf


When you walk and find a feather do you pick it up? Do you wonder what kind of bird it came from? Perhaps you ponder if it molted naturally, or if it came out as a bird took flight in fear.

Personally, I always pick  up a feather. Sometimes I take it  home, sometimes not, but I always try to decide what kind of bird this softness used to live on. Such an amazing creation of Mother Nature, the feather. I look at it and marvel at the continuity of the colors, the weave, the design. I suppose we humans are put together in much the same manner, but the feather, so soft, so harmless.....


so lovely to touch and delicious eye candy. So very necessary to the life of the bird. What kind of feathers have you found, and what did you do with them?

linked this haiku Friday with
recuerda mi corazon
Hoping  you will visit 
and perhaps leave your own haiku thought


all feathers internet
free photos
 
Go with lighthearted love







 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful art and contemplative haiku. Thank you for dropping by my blog today Judie

    Much💗love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several...framed. In the same room as all my framed bird photos🐦

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your haiku.
    I do notice feathers. I often pick them up too and marvel at their softness and their strength. Very recently I sent some feathers from sulphur-crested cockatoos to a blogfriend in Canada. I have a small bouquet of their crest feathers inside which lifts my heart each time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I just look at the feather, and sometimes I pick it up and take it with me. It all depends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding feathers. Sometimes I bring them home. Sometimes I place them in a tree or a piece of driftwood at the ocean with reverence. Sometimes I just wonder at who dropped it and wish them well as they fly off to somewhere far... Your haiku takes me with you, into the woods... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and haiku about feathers ~ nature is such a delight and you have found the magic in feathers ~ thanks ~

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I usually pick up the feathers. I have crow, chickadee, robin, cardinal, dove and blue jay feathers. Some I keep in a glass, others I decorate for gifts. Big Hugs! I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do notice feathers when out walking, but only pick them up when I'm walking with the grandchildren, which in present Covid restrictions is not permitted!

    Happy Weekend Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I find feathers a lot, even back when I was a kid. Mostly blue jay, but a few cardinal ones too. I typically take them home. There was something always a little magical to me about how the barbs all linked up to make the vane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finding feathers is a joy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.