6.18.2021

Haiku my Heart - Eventide


in low evening sun
white gull flies along tide line
sandpipers scurry


*****


do I have a painting of a gull?
of course I do. a pastel.
can I find it now that I have written the gull haiku?
of course not.
it will turn up some day, when I don't need it.
but I do have a watercolor of shorebirds, at least,
to decorate the page a little.




and a little beach poetry:

WHITE HEAT

let  me show you     my love
the sunset  over deepest water

not just red   pink   orange
but a center of conspicuous    intense

white…..

as pure as you    my love     
splashed only with long yellowed edges     
like your blowing hair


gently weaving a ragged trail outward
across vast sky into ever deeper dark
ultra-marine blue     as dark as your mysterious heart

 yet white…..

can you feel the contrast     the penetration
as it burns into you

white heat that brings tears to wet your alabaster cheeks
emotion that sucks your soul forward

look my love      at the sweet white hot sunset
burning low on the gulf  horizon


***



linked with
recuerda mi corazon
Eleven years of haiku love
Please visit this link



Yeaaa!  Its Friyay!!!!

😄😄


 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku and awesome w/c of shorebird ~ delightful poetry ~ so talented ~ Xo

    Live in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this, Judie! And that watercolor... oh my! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv your haiku and longer poem. About the gull painting happens,
    Happen weekend

    (✿◠‿◠)

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to thank you for every haiku you have shared over these eleven years in our friday haiku circle! you are a source of beauty, delight and the purest joy seventeen syllables could ever bring. with all the gratitude a heart can feel- i thank you. and for today-straight to my heart!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE the poetry today!

    And your shorebird art!! Did you paint it? (Are you getting rain from the storm in the Gulf?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your haiku paints a picture of night coming on, with heavenly bodies and earthbound creatures settling down and quietness coming to the land. I think the sandpipers are scurrying because they've forgotten the shortest route home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great imagery in your little beach poem : the white heat that penetrates and burns into us, the red-orange sunset over the deep blue-dark water! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wonderfully vivid descriptions. You are wonderful at painting with paint and with words.

    Also, I'm pretty sure the shorebirds hid the seagulls' painting (in order to get their moment on your page).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your haiku is lovely but oh how I adore the shorebirds, both in real live as in your painting! Have a lovely Sunday, hug from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your haiku reminded me of how much I've missed the sight of the shore. I'm actually not a really big shore person, but I do notice when it's been awhile since I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice Haiku.
    I do like your watercolour of the shorebirds.

    Enjoy the remainder of Sunday and have a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful words and the image of the shore birds is interesting. And now I am reminded, I really miss the ocean and the beaches. Oh summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wondrous poetry and beautiful art! beautiful post!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your words and your art!!! The shorebirds are so precious!! Big Hugs Judie!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.