6.04.2021

Haiku my Heart - She Put the Moon in the Lake

  by the water's edge
the girl lay in soft grasses
ducks swam in moonlight



acrylic


There are times when I write, and times when I paint, and times when nothing has anything to do with anything else. It's just my muse coming out, telling me what to do. I suppose she has her own reasons. I don't know what they are. I just follow her direction. This post is an example of that.


Of Those Who Don't Belong

in the middle of normal
when all seemed right
yet suddenly void
a great tiredness came over her
and she lay down to sleep

dreams took  her to clouds
and to vast open space
where no wind stirred
nor hot bright sun 
warmed the misty, chilling blue

there, enveloped by a thin, close air
fragments of her life spun winding and twisting
 torn pieces of her soul withered
shriveling into a crumpled nothing
until her sleep deepened into the blackest of only dark

and she belonged


linked with
recuerda mi corazon

Please follow the link to visit
Rebecca's lovely haiku room


Blessings










10 comments:

  1. The first is beautiful and the second haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write that the haiku and the painting have nothing to do with each other (and I know it works that way sometimes) but my mind combines it into a horror-fairytale... I love this post and what it does to my creative brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great artwork and your words are universal ~ Xo

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was missing you... and here you are from the dark water's edge. A story to tell with your amazing art, haiku and storymaking reaching out in the light of the moon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The haiku puts me in mind of the rare lazy days of vacation where all I need to do is take joy in existence. The longer poem is more haunting in nature, with the part about the fragments of her life feeling more like an accounting of existence, and coming up short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. until her sleep deepened into the blackest of only dark...

    sometimes sensitive hearts can hardly separate themselves from the collective suffering in this world. sometimes only the deepest sleep, the darkest dark can give us relief.

    from my sensitive heart to yours-may you find peace in the new day, the blooming flowers, the song of birds, the chance to comfort and make a difference in world we share. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is an eerie tone and theme to this one. Those soft grasses feel so final.

    And I totally understand letting the muse have the pen... every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your muse JC! Let her keep coming out! First, I love your painting! She made me smile, I don't know why? Your first words were very peaceful and the second one is haunting, but I love the way you ended it, "and she belonged"! Brilliant!
    (Thanks again for your comments about my art! Love you my friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a story and intriguing picture from your words. Both the haiku AND your prose! Much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Of Those Who Don't Belong'
    Definitely haunting ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.