9.24.2021

Haiku my Heart - Paint The Time Away


at the local zoo
facemasks are still required
paint on their notice


I have found that newsprint is a very fun support to paint on. It just adds a little element of interest when all those words pop around the painting subject. This is my version of same. It's my macaw, on her perch, showing me her beautiful wings, and wanting to get down. :) The background is a notice from the zoo. The flying birds are theirs, but they fit perfectly with the subject.



 

Have a lovely weekend, and please
connect with 
Rebecca and Friends
for some lovely haiku thoughts. 



For You


from Javon 
(edited)


Photo by Javon Swaby from Pexels



15 comments:

  1. I LOVE your painting - which even on screen appears almost three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly, without any don't, adds interest to your painting talent!! Sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article print behind your painting... is fabulous. I love this Judy! And yes, many of the old growth redwoods in this area were either logged one hundred years ago or perished in a fire. You can see the size of the new trees behind, so that is a bit telling how long ago this happened...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful painting and haiku ~ love your macaw ~ Xo


    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous image. The bird looks like its flying right out of the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed lovely to use newspaper as a background, and I do love your painting with the notice, it gives this painting an extra meaning, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combo of visual art and word art. You did it so beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting and haiku are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm imagining everybody in the zoo wearing painted face masks.

    And I, too, love your choice of canvas. It adds layers to the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I hope your weekend was awesome and the new week even better.

      Delete
  10. I do like your painting ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your art piece! How fun!! How creative! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.