2.04.2022

Haiku my Heart - The Dove

 outside my window
i heard a mourning dove cry
gently calling Spring



Well ok, so these may be two pigeons. But...
scientifically there is no difference between a
pigeon and a dove. Its just a linguistic tradition. The
bigger, more colorful are usually called pigeons and the smaller
crybabies are doves. 
***or vice versa***

Do you even care?😃 


photo by Anna

I had a momma dove make a nest on my porch light
several years in a row, then one day she did not. I took her picture, and that's her at the bottom of my sidebar.

 So I really like these two statues. Mostly what I like
is that they came from Brazil.


I get tired of turning things over and seeing
"made in China"

Don't know why its tiring. Just too much of
one thing maybe. 

Well, ok enough of this pointless post. One important thing:
This morning I saw a robin. A fat belly sign of Spring waiting
in the shadows. 

linking with
the gentle words of Rebecca




fat belly robin - 5x5 acrylic

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!



12 comments:

  1. welcome home and thank you with all my heart for your most tender thoughts left at recuerda mi corazon- i am deeply uplifted by your compassion and care. yes- this morning i saw four blue birds! and the robins have returned too!!! birds truly are the bringers of hope-and dear friends like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would really like it here in the early mornings. Pigeon calls are common. And welcome.
    And hooray for something NOT made in China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mournful cry of doves!!! And your Robin acrylic is truly a work of art!!!

    Made in China...I understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where i am there are pigeons and as well what we call ground doves. The dove have in tge past made nest in my cherry tree. But not right now

    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful painted robin ~ lovely dove haiku and photos ~ Xo

    Wishing you love in all your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word 'dove' better than 'pigeons'... and I love those little statues! Your painting is wonderful. Although it's a stormy & windy day in the Netherlands, Spring is in the air already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know how close these two birds truly are! I love all your birds and how you share them with us. I love that gentle coo for spring... p.s. That photo is not my treehouse! I don't have one, although... I have always dreamed of one! It was a surprise find on one of my meandering walks! A complete surprise! I am so happy to share it and birds with you, dear Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The might've been me outside your window, calling for spring (and not spying in a creepy manner).

    Also, there is always the possibility that inside every pigeon there is a mourning dove trying to burst out. One never knows.

    I love your, according to you, pointless post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did enjoy reading your Haiku.

    Robins are my favourite bird, but it was nice seeing the pigeons and doves too :)

    Happy February Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. When most people talk about their favourite bird sounds it's usually Blackbirds or Nightingales. But the one that always gets to me is our humble Wood Pigeons, a sweet, soft sound of misty spring mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your robin is beautiful. I had no clue about the pigeon dove thing. I think they are all beautiful especially pigeons when the sun makes some of the feathers look iridescent. Love those statues too. I keep meaning to practice haikus and never do. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.