2.21.2022

Haiku my Heart - Writing

 on a green park bench
a girl sits under lamplight
tears flowing, depressed

Without meaning to make anyone feel sad, I write this haiku for a reason. It's my understanding that a haiku is an observation and should tell a story. One could read these words and imagine an entire scenario. Thus, the reader could imagine nighttime in a tree-filled park, perhaps mist rising around the lamplight. One might wonder why this girl is there alone at night, why she cries, what has happened in her life to make her feel depressed, is she alone, is someone watching from beyone the trees? Further, what is she wearing, is she warm or cold, is she stable, will she make it through the dark night?

Many different stories could arise from this short 5/7/5 syllable haiku. I bet you can imagine one. 


linked with
recuerda mi corazon



love.colors internet picture


Have a wonderful week ahead. 



11 comments:

  1. I picture a lonely girl,alone after a terrible date gone awry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could imagine a few, but the first thing that comes to mind is a memory of a somewhat chilly early spring night when I decided to do some grieving outdoors in a place filled with even more memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been reading a story where the couple have broken up and she is sitting on the beach crying her eyes out ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. a good haiku for me is always accompanied by a visual in my mind of what it says. I love this one and I could "see" it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have said that she had one of those big red colored dogs. Now I have to go google it - ...and the dog had passed away. I'll be back with the type of dog I saw. okay - irish setter. The dog was her companion for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is crying for the loss of a loved one or maybe her pet, whom she would take out for a walk carrying her poop scoop with them.

    great haiku

    happy you dropped by my blog Judie

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful haiku with many ideas of what is happening ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadness is a part of life. So, I choose to think that her tears can be cathartic. Also, that she isn't in the dark or alone--someone (the speaker) is watching, and by the tone of the voice, the watcher cares. Maybe, once the crying is done, once she finds her center, she'll find a way to laugh again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. Yes, I can. Many actually. I just finished reading Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. Couldn't put it down. This haiku... could have been one of the opening, early chapters...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think many of us are well acquainted with the park bench of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  11. perhaps this young woman is the worlds collective grief. perhaps the "green" bench is our shared globe-and the light- finally revealing the enormity of our broken hearts. i wish the entire world could just simply sit down. stop everything. cry, mourn, cry some more, and in finally admitting our devastation reach out to each other in renewed compassion and love.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.