3.18.2022

Haiku my Heart - Direction

  a heron flew east
wind finds its own direction
rivers seek the sea


there is no doubt the heron knows exactly what its destination is and why it is flying in that direction. 

the wind...well, it blows in the direction it is pushed by weather  we don't usually even consider

and rivers...they always flow toward the sea

***

My own "self" at this time seems to be in limbo.
No direction, no road signs, empty highway.
I think this is mostly a result of too long pandemic isolation, too much horrific situations happening in the world, both near and far. Hopefully, I will find a "direction" soon. I really dislike going in circles. Even rivers have a goal.

What direction are  you heading in right now?



sunflower painting by
jill alexander
ottawa valley artist
ottawa.ctvnews.ca



her beautiful paintings were sold
and the proceeds went to
Red Cross-Ukraine

*********

linked with
Rebecca's Haiku Friday

💖












11 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, a pandemic now a war the world is reeling. The rivers will flow to the see but people's hearts are sad and directionless

    have a blessed weekend Judie

    much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this haiku. Since my world is all about circles (labyrinths) I know that all you have to do... is step out. Follow the river. Follow the heron. Follow the wind. Follow your heart. I am so grateful to move through it all with you, Judie. You always touch me, in so many ways. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh friend the collective sorrow of the world overwhelms. i join you in this sense of loss and hope for a true north course forward. true in the sense that love is true. that healing is true, that even in these dark cruel hours human kindness shines through. thank you for your tender heart and friendship which is a true shelter for more than you may ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My course, these last few months, have been set my doctor's appointments... But I'm feeling better, so I think I will start walking my old (and favorite) paths again: writing for publication, planting new seeds, exploring the woods... I would love to add things like visiting antique shops and secondhand bookshops, alas... the pandemic. Maybe, we'll write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world is not in an easy place at the moment.
    I take delight in the simpler things in life one day at a time.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I feel directionless, unlike the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your haiku. Myself ..after reading way too much news, and the pandemic and now what's going on in Ukraine, and inflation rising and everything else, I luckily live in a small mountain town, very peaceful, nature all around and I've learned to just choose peace, bless the world in my thoughts and doing what i do best enjoy and feel grateful for what I have in my immediate world. I don't know what else to do that would keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Follow the river and plant sunflower seeds everywhere you go... Love and a big hug from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think so many of us feel the same way. It's hard not to feel flattened under the weight of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The direction is within your self ~ listen ~ society is not only source of union ~ lovely haiku and questions ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fact all proceeds from her art goes to help Ukraine!! And we all "suffered" from this pandemic and now the world's situation.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.