3.25.2022

Haiku my Heart - The Tricksters

under midnight sun
she came forth from a hot mist
seeking unkindness


If you are an ornithophobic,
please don't read any further
😄 

She
sketchpad watercolor

Of course, this is all in fun.  Yesterday was a rainy, stormy day, all day, so staying indoors brings forth the paints and imagination.

Not to worry.  There is no "unkindness" here. 
FUN FACTS: In case you didnt know (
you probably do but I'll type it anyway) a flock or group of ravens is sometimes called an unkindness, or a conspiracy, or tricksters, and of course crows are a murder. 
OK, I'll stop now 😇 but if you want some fun raven reading, and want to know why they are called unkindness, please check out   Bird Facts

******
linked for Friday Haiku with
Rebecca


photo from Bird Facts.com

Hope  your weekend is peaceful.
***






12 comments:

  1. I adore ravens and am privileged to see them often. An unkindness of ravens (and a murder of crows) have always struck me as wrong.
    Both of them are individually and collectively a glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unkindess. What a strange word for a group of ravens, do't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is marvelous ~ unfortunately there is unkindness in the world ~ sigh ~ Xo


    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd not come across the words an unkindness of ravens and a murder of crows before ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAWWW... both the haiku and the sketch are beautiful! I do love birds and the symbolic that people gave to them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that artwork! It feels old school but modern at the same time. And the words to go with it are *chef's kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned a new word here ...and googled it - fear of birds. I'm the opposite love them and photograph them whenever they come to visit. Nice sketchpad art and it feels good to create things. I'm finally kind of, maybe, but i don't know...for sure...starting to get creative.. probably not though. my muse has left. Love the haiku. you have a talent for findings the right words in a limited amount of use. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words words words. I too find those collectives weird.
    Your haiku however is intriguing

    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the visual art so much. So much to see in it, so many stories--from the point of view of the birds, of the woman, of the reader... And the haiku is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. here in the tall pines of my humble home ravens are daily visitors. i adore them. they love to glide on the spring updrafts of warming air. they seem to know pure joy in such freedom and always have a partner to choreograph together their air ballet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.