7.28.2023

Haiku My Heart - A New Day

 from her porch rocker
a woman watched the sunrise
a passerby waved


ink & marker


So....last Friday no haiku as usual. I confess I was just lazy. But today I will amuse you with a really silly story that happened..for real. Its when you have a bad day. Sometimes you have a REALLY bad day. Mine started with waking up grouchy because of a bad dream. Hate when that happens. Then better half announced the coffee pot was broken. It just sat there cold and uncaring, no light, no heat, no coffee!! Well, ok, I only drink one cup in the  morning...just one...and you would think the coffee pot would be considerate enough to brew at least one before it lay down dead. But no!  So....I boiled water and poured it through the filter. Carefully. Dont want to overflow and  have a mess to clean up. Viola! Coffee! A happier camper now, I carried my one cup to my morning spot (kind of like Sheldon...I have a "spot" that's all mine) and set that precious cup of brew down....on the edge of a book I didnt see...and whamo...coffee everywhere!  On the little table. On the floor. On the book! Remember this is early morning and my eyes are barely open and my brain is still foggy!  What evil, evil entity is hovering over me? What universal muse hates me? I told my sister I should just dig a hole and jump in, but the shovel would probably break! She just told me to go back to bad and start over. No sympathy there.  

Ok. I did manage to get another cup squeezed out of that hand made brew, and dear better half cleaned  up most of the mess for me,  so the day is looking just a little better. I hope yours is wonderful,and that  you have lots and lots of coffee, or tea, or whatever your morning brew may be, with zero spills. 😉












9 comments:

  1. Lovely art and haiku.
    Happy you dropped by my blog today

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haiku and fun art ~ We all have those days ~ sigh,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those days though mine usually start with cleaning up a cat's digestive upset before I am fully awake. On really bad days I tread in it. In bare feet.
    Hope the rest of your day improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Sorry Rajani. Too many ads. I tried, but it wouldnt let me get past your first paragraph unless I downloaded an ad blocker.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed very much :) not your bad day, as I hope that was over with and that everything was calm and serene later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you took your day back from the bad-day-fairy and made it into something better. I bet your spot smell delicious all day, too--all coffee(ry) and such. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your drawing and oh wow what a morning. I know i've had those but i definitely take myself away somewhere quiet because if anyone is around i'd scared them with my attitude. Sheldon reference made me laugh. Right now i'm bingeing on Young Sheldon. I like it but also enjoying The Middle and I finished Everybody Hates Chris which I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are sincerely appreciated. Knowing you have been here is what keeps me posting. Thank you for taking the time.